One Week Course for European Music Teachers
Portugal was voted the best European tourist destination for the second consecutive year by the World Travel Awards (2018). Time Out magazine has compiled a list of the best cities in the world and why they receive this distinction, and Porto occupies the second position. First is Chicago, in the United States, in a list of 32 cities.
Porto is considered "the best city in the world to make friends, find love and keep in touch with family” that´s how the Time Out report, the 2018 City Life Index, describes Porto.
The list was made based on several points such as food, drink, friendship, culture, happiness, quality of life and still the cost of living. Porto secured a 137.9 points and Chicago 138.2 points.
According to Time Out magazine, Porto is the second-best city in the world for giving people freedom to be as they are.
This course is designed to stimulate the creation of networks and partnerships at European level. For a week you will have access to training by highly qualified teachers and you can also enjoy quality cultural events in a pleasant and attractive city.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- An insight into the teaching of Music in Portugal (primary and secondary level);
- An opportunity to compare the teaching of Music in different European countries, to exchange ideas and develop links with teachers from other European countries;
- An opportunity to attend Music Events;
- An introduction to Improvisation Techniques;
- An introduction to New Technologies on Music Teaching.
- Lecture on The Portuguese Music Education System;
- Group discussion comparing the Teaching of Music in the different countries represented – curriculum, materials, methods, standards, assessment, national education policies, extra-curricular activities, etc;
- Visit to a Music School – observe assembly, music lessons and extra-curricular activities. Opportunity for discussion with teachers;
- Workshop on improvisation techniques;
- Workshop on New Technologies on music Teaching;
- Attend to cultural events.
Target Audience: Music Teachers (primary and secondary level), School Management; Teachers and School Staff; Music Advisers.
30 June to 7 July 2019
01 to 07 September 2019
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: the course will only occur with a minimum of 12 participants